Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New purple sim not working

The first new purple SIM did not work. Second sent also did not work. Phoned customer services a couple of times. Got it activated. Still didn’t work. Phoned again still cannot get it working. Reset under setting general. Still doesn’t work.

Was sent link to devices on Virgin mobile support website. No IPad Air listed. Am somewhat frustrated with Virgin support, the people are very polite but cannot resolve the problem Virgin has created by asking me to upgrade the sim.

Have seen the New Virgin Mobile APN Settings for the new purple SIM card on this Community forum which I should put into my ipad which I presume will resolve the issue.

My question is: how do I put these APN etc settings into the IPad Air?

When I go to Mobile Data it tells me the Network Selection is Virgin. When I click on APN Setting under Mobile Data there is APN then Username and Password, all are blank.

Could anyone please let me know how I input the APN settings On my IPad Air. Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Best wishes all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New purple sim not working

Hi ianb77,

Thanks for posting. Please head here for further information

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John_GS that is very helpful and just what I needed. I got through a very helpful, patient and extremely knowledgeable person at Virgin Mobile helpline who talked me through the process described and it worked a treat. Will save that weblink. Thanks again. Best Ian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear Ian 🙂 have a lovely evening

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos