Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New purple card - No network access

I have followed all the instructions and troubleshooting several times for installing the new purple Sim card on a Nokia 215 PAYG unlocked from Carphonewarehouse originally.

I have no phone connectivity now and simply get 'No network access' when I try and connect. I am in the Channel Islands at present so would only expect  'roaming' with local Sure or JT which has worked well for years.

The Virgin 0345 number just requests a mobile number, no human option, so they can send me a link (obviously I can't use the problematic mobile number as phone not working) to the help page which I can find for myself so there is no help offered down that route.

Any suggestions; I have various codes - unblocking, IMEI etc - but with no network access I can't use them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New purple card - No network access

As you say you have an unblocking code

Try this

Remove SIM card
Type in #pw+CODE+7#.
If +7# does not work use +1#

1. To show p in the phones display - just press * three times within two seconds.

2. To show w in the phones display - just press * four times within two seconds.

3. To show + in the phones display - just press * twice within two seconds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New purple card - No network access

Thank you very much to the most helpful lady at Virgin who I was eventually able to speak to who patiently sorted out this problem by resetting the system.
0 Kudos