Menu
debbiewarner
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New purple SIM not recognised

I have a Sony Ericsson approximately 10 years old...still perfectly good working order until...I received the new purple SIM.  Inserted it, got message INSERT CORRECT SIM.  Left phone for 24 - 48 hours to activate.  Shut it off, turned it back on and got the same INSERT CORRECT SIM message.  I put my old sim back in...still have money credit that I don't want to lose and it's still in good working order and useable.  I tried the help page on Virgin website which doesn't recognise my IMEI number.  What can I do now?  Please help.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
debbiewarner
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New purple SIM not recognised

Anyone home?  I need a reply...the new sim doesn't work on my old Sony Ericsson phone!

0 Kudos
debbiewarner
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My phone is a Sony Ericsson J110i bought from Virgin approximately 10 years ago.  I have read replies to other Virgin Help Community members that this phone is not comptible with the new purple SIM card sent to me via post.  Virgin have offered them a new phone (free-of-charge) that will work with this SIM.  There seem to be quite a few old phones in use that are no longer useable with the new SIM.  It's a shame that Virgin didn't take this into account when planning this complete overhaul of it's SIMs in VIRGIN-locked phones.

I would now like to request a new, free-of-charge phone be sent to me before my Sony gets completely shut down and I loose my pay-as-you-go credit.

Please help!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi debbiewarner, thanks for your post - sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I'm also sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your new SIM. I'd like to help get this sorted out so will get in touch via PM to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos
debbiewarner
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Details sent via PM as requested.

Thank you!

0 Kudos