Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New phone but no SIM

Is it normal not to have a SIM card with a new phone?  When I ordered my new phone there was no indication that I would have to wait, just 'next day delivery' advertised.  I was surprised to receive my phone yesterday without a SIM and now I have enquired I have been told that the SIM is sent with a different carrier and will be with me in 5 working days.  No tracking information, nothing.  Is this the normal process with Virgin?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New phone but no SIM

I ordered and started a new contract yesterday. I’ve received my phone today, but similarly to yourself, I have received no SIM card. I’m presuming this is what they always do now? Although arguably inconvenient

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New phone but no SIM

Sorry, have only just seen your reply.  Please check the cardboard outer that came with your phone because mine was tucked in there!  My fault for being in such a hurry to dispose of packaging in these times but also the fault of customer support.  I spent over a day talking to various support people who were adamant that they don't send the SIM with the phone, the SIM is sent separately by Royal Mail. They could SEE the order for my SIM and it would arrive in a few days.  It was only more than 24 hours later that one guy said, oh hang on a minute I don't see any SIM order attached to your phone purchase, are you sure it's not in the box?   That made me fish the outer packing out of the recycling and sure enough there it was.  I've no idea why they lied to me so many times, that wasn't helpful at all.

0 Kudos