Menu
andy2141
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New order not delivered - Yodel cannot locate at depot

Hello,

I ordered an additional line and device on Thursday.  The device was out for delivery on Friday by Yodel.

Yodel did not knock on my door but instead went to another house in the street.  I watched the driver drive off and the status of the delivery on the tracking page changed to "sorry we missed you" straight after.  No calling card was left.

I immediately got onto Yodel via the online chat facility (this is the only option to contact them).  I managed to get them to change the status to "I will collect from local depot" as the other house in the street is not really somewhere where you would want a high value item being left if you get my drift 🙂

I've since been to the Yodel depot on Saturday morning twice and they have now confirmed that they are unable to locate the item and will start looking through CCTV footage.  At this point I'm not convinced my order is ever going to show up though they have said they will call me.  I'm not convinced I'm going to get a call back.  VM have setup the direct debit etc. so I will be soon paying for a undelivered device.

I've tried calling VM twice, only to be cut off twice by the overseas call centre staff who franking did not understand my issue at all.

Please help!

Regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
andy2141
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New order not delivered - Yodel cannot locate at depot

As expected no call from Yodel and I cannot get through to anyone at VM.

I’m convinced the package has been lost or stolen in transit and have no way of resolving currently.

0 Kudos
andy2141
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update:

So after another trip to Yodel and after an hour or so of them searching for the package they have admitted they have lost it and have updated there system to reflect this.

I’ve managed to speak to someone at VM who was very helpful and has black listed the device and Simao and has logged an internal investigation.

Apparently someone will call back in 3 to 5 days with an update.  Let’s hope they do.  I still want the phone and contract so am hoping they will just ship another (hopefully by another courier) when they have done what they need to do.

Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello andy2141,

Sorry to hear that the phone has gone missing on delivery and thank you for the update. I've managed to find your details using the information we have on here and can see that you've spoken to a member of our Team about it since you posted and that the necessary paperwork has been raised.

Do keep us updated about the phone so we can check also.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
andy2141
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Lisa.

I’ve had confirm overnight that a replacement device has been shipped which is great.  It’s due for delivery today by Yodel so fingers crossed this driver does the right thing.

I’ll be waiting outside this time to intercept the driver and make sure he actually knocks on my door! 🙂

Andy

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi andy2141,

Can you please confirm that you received you parcel this time around from Yodel?

If you need any further assistance, drop a response below and we'll seek to assist you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
andy2141
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Yes all sorted thanks.  Replacement phone arrived last Saturday albeit without a SIM card.  A further call and a few days wait and that was also delivered.

Quite a painful experience but all sorted in the end.

Andy

0 Kudos