Menu
Retrocollie
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New mobile not accepting calls from certain numbers

Been chatting to a support person on Twitter regarding mum's new phone and the problem she is having with it. Here's the link below that I was advised by support to put in this message.

https://virginmedia.response.lithium.com/portal/conversation/28189228?authentication=Uqn0FczS7jZNjl2...

She recently got a Samsung A21s and is not receiving calls from her friends and family on certain networks. It seems that people can get through when calling from Virgin and Tesco networks but certainly not from O2 or EE.  

She phoned up Virgin Mobile and they said to try checking if she had blocked any of the numbers, which she hadn't, they got her polishing her sim card, going through network settings and when none of that resolved it told her to ring through to Samsung.  They also told her she was still within the 28 days of taking out the phone if they still couldn't help and problem not resolved. 

Samsung couldn't resolve it and said they'd never heard of the problem before and said it was more likely to be the service provider so my mum has gone through it all again with a person at VM who didn't really know what to do but said she couldn't have a replacement because she was outside the 14 days (which is odd because she was told 28 days by the 1st person). As a result the person provided no support and no help as to what to do other than to wait for 3 weeks for a phone repair and then wait for a replacement sim ("to see if that sorts it").  My mum is elderly, she can't go without her mobile phone, particularly at the moment for that amount of time.

Any help or advice that can be given  to help my mum would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New mobile not accepting calls from certain numbers

Hi Retrocollie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community ands welcome, I am sorry to hear your mum is having problems receiving certain calls, has your mum recently ported her phone number into us?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Retrocollie
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No she's been with Virgin for over a decade. All these problems have only come about since she upgraded to the new Samsung phone.
Customer service on the phone haven't been much good, first referred her to Samsung as they said it was a Samsung issue, Samsung ref'd her back to Virgin who then told her basically there's nothing they can do to help her other than send her a new sim card.  Done all we need with the new sim and still the same.  Thought I'd try here.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch. 

Is this still an issue now?

If so then please reply to the personal message I'm sending now and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Retrocollie
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for delay in replying.  Ive replied to your pm. Thanks

0 Kudos