forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New iphone defective within 2.5 weeks, and no customer service at Virgin to help

Wondering if anyone's had a similar experience and maybe can help...

I got a new iPhone 11 on Pay Monthly about 3 weeks ago, and it turned up 2.5 weeks ago.  Since it arrived I've been having some trouble with the volume down button occasionally not working.
I stupidly blew it off and put it down to the case I've had on my phone, but I took that off yesterday to test it out, but the problem is still there. Urgh.

I've tried to contact Virgin, but of course, there's nobody there to help.... Surprise surprise.
I did get through to someone on the phone, but she said all their systems are down so they couldn't help. GREAT.

I've spoke to Apple who have said I can send it off to have it repaired by them, which could take 4 weeks, but ideally I should have the carrier replace the handset.

Does anyone know if Virgin would send me a replacement?

VM's customer service used to be so good years ago, but now adays it's a disgrace.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New iphone defective within 2.5 weeks, and no customer service at Virgin to help

Knowing how Virgin operate on these things I'm sure they will insist it is returned to them for repair. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New iphone defective within 2.5 weeks, and no customer service at Virgin to help

You're joking 😞   They've sent me a faulty item, and I now have to send it off for weeks yet still pay the monthly bill...

All this is guesswork mind you, because I can't get through to them at all, STILL.

I'm starting to think this is evolving in to a Trading Standards kinda thing.

0 Kudos