Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New handset

I recently changed from my Nokia slide mobile which was old to a secondhand Apple iphone 8 bought in a shop.  How do I notify Virgin so they update their record on my account? Secondly, although my contract with Virgin provides for 1500 minutes and 1gb of data each month, I cannot access data when away from home. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New handset

Thank you for your post Diandterry and welcome to our community.

We wouldn't really need to keep a record of third party handsets on the account, but are happy to try help if you're having any issues? 

In regards to your data, is this switched on in the iPhone settings? Have you checked in the Mobile Data section to see if this is set up correctly for you? It may also help to refresh network settings by following the below steps.
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Let us know how this goes.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re:mobile data access

Thank you for your reply Emily.

i tried your suggestions but that didn’t solve my problem. I’ve asked my son who has been an Apple user for a long time and he couldn’t see why I can’t access any internet away from my home WiFi.

when I try, this is the message that I get ‘you are not connected to the internet’ and /or ‘you aren’t  subscribed to a mobile data network’.

Any other suggestions please?

is it possible to speak to someone?

thanks, Di

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re:mobile data access

HI diandterry, thanks for replying to us and we are sorry that you are unable to connect to the Mobile service. Can you confirm if you are still having these issues? If so, can you try the sim in another handset to check if you are able to use the data as this will rule out the handset or sim issue. - Chris. 

0 Kudos