Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New handset, no SIM yet received

I upgraded my contract and handset last Friday 24th, received my handset on Monday 27th, but I have not yet received a SIM. I'm on the Live Webchat but have been left there waiting for a response. I was supposedly 'connected' to the Care Team on the webchat two days ago in the hopes that I could ask them to follow up on where my SIM is if it's even been sent out, but had no response until three hours later by which time I'd given up waiting.

How long after agreeing to all the terms, signing all the contracts and receiving a new handset can I expect to wait for my SIM card? It may well have been sent and got held up in the post but then again it may not have been sent out yet, but I'd just like to know when to expect it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New handset, no SIM yet received

Usually with upgrades you keep using your old SIM unless it needs changing (old red type or wrong size). 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply: I currently have a microSIM and the new handset takes a nanoSIM so I can't use the old one as it would be incompatible, I believe. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Check the card. Most are multi push out for 3 different sizes. Examine it and you may see score lines where the smaller nano can be pushed out.

If not then yes, you will need a new SIM 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I'll investigate! I think the original microSIM was within a larger SIM originally so the nano SIM should push out, but I don't want to damage it if I'm wrong!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

...I'm clearly a geriatric who can't tell a nano from a micro. It was nano all along. Just got it to fit the new slot. I feel like such a wombat! Thanks for your help, enlli! 

0 Kudos