Menu
badoit
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New handset OMA Client Provisioning SIM only contract

I got a new Motorola Moto g8 Power handset yesterday (SIM-free). I have a rolling 30-day SIM-only contract. I had used a Moto g3 since 2015. I had to break the nano SIM out of the micro card from the g3. Loaded the SIM and SD card into the g8. So far so good. Now able to make and receive calls and texts. All looks good. W00T. However I started getting notifications about "Configuration Update". I have 8 so far. Each starts "Warning" and says my device has received a configuration update request. It says they can come from unknown sources and unless I am "working with my network provider" to make configuration changes I should reject it. I can choose POSTPONE, DELETE or INSTALL. If I choose Install it asks for a PIN provided by "my network provider". Well, I don't have one (a PIN I mean). 1. Are these likely to be genuine? 2. If they are what am I going to miss by not installing them? 3. How do I get a PIN? 3. If they are fake how do I stop them? I can just delete or postpone them I suppose, but they are bugging me. The phone seems to be working just like I expect it to.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New handset OMA Client Provisioning SIM only contract

Hi badoit,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the notifications you're getting on the handset. 

I have been able to locate your account on our side. Your new handset will need our new settings to allow it to fully work on our network. The configuration should be those settings. 

If you do feel unsure and wish to do it another way you can text “ALL” to 789922.

Alternatively you can follow this link: https://devicesupport.virginmedia.com/customer/device/Motorola/XT2041MotoG8Power/#l=vmcust&lHsim=vmc...

Many Thanks

^Martin

badoit
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Martin, I think I'm there now - are you able to see if I'm fully set up now?
best wishes
Badoit
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As the settings are on the handset and not our side we wouldn't be able to confirm this as we don't have direct access to the handset. 

If the settings have gone through then this should be fine. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
badoit
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have mobile internet, SMS, voice calls, MMS so I guess I am OK.
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that. 

If you do have any further issue or concerns please do let us know. 

^Martin

0 Kudos