Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New customer parked order!!

Wow.

I need a new phone ASAP for my business as signal is very poor here.

I checked online and virgin mobile have pretty good service in my area, so after browsing the Web for good deals I found the one I wanted.

As a new customer I registered, applied online for the deal I wanted. It said order by 6pm for next day delivery by  yodel. This was perfect (i thought!!!)

I clicked onto the next pages where you enter your bank details and place your order. 

This was all well and good I thought - until after placing the order I recieved an email saying they need to do some background checks before releasing said product to me and that they would be in touch within 24-48 hours. 

This should be done before allowing you to order for next day delivery!!! 

Today I spent about an hour and a half on hold to virgin, unable to get through to a human being. 

I then went onto the Internet and managed to contact someone through the virgin media live chat, half way through our discussion I was informed that said agent was going to be away from his desk for the next sixty minutes and that he would be back to continue with my query upon return.

Low and behold my chat window was closed on their end.

I then tried again and got through to another agent, this one called Reynaldo. 

After asking for some security details and getting into my account, he informed me that my order had indeed been placed and that somebody from virgin mobile would be In touch with the next 24-48hours to discuss said 'checks' as they can't just send out a phone without doing these. 

I explained that the reason I was looking to get a phone with virgin mobile was because I have poor signal here so I may be unreachable by phone when I'm at home and explained I normally liase via email or Internet call.

He said they would 'try' to contact me.

I asked if he could please cancel my order then as I need to get a new phone ASAP and I can not be waiting days upon days for an update on this! (I found after I placed the order that many people end up with parked orders!) 

I explained to Reynaldo that I only took out this phone contract as it said it would be delivered today and I need one now so I will take my business elsewhere. 

I was told point blank by Reynaldo about cancelling my order  'No I can't do that.' 

He then wrote 'these security checks are there so that you know what to expect from us'  

I guess I was then muted by this agent as no further conversation was replied to. 

Absolutely appalling customer service to a new customer. 

Please be aware this review is also being put across social media. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer parked order!!

Gone on for years. Nobody has ever got to grips with the chaos 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks