Menu
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New contract different to the one agreed

Hi there, 

I called customer services to arrange 3 sim contracts today. I clearly stated that I would like the following plans, as shown on the VirginMedia website:

Sim 1 Unlimited texts and calls. 8GB £9 per month 

Sim 2 Unlimited texts and calls 20GB £10 per month*

Sim 3 Unlimited texts and calls 20GB £10 per month *

* £2 per month family discount as our family have Virgin media broadband. All sims to be capped at £0 so the children can’t spend more. 

The customer service agent repeated the details of these contracts several times and I reconfirmed verbally too.

What I received via email was nothing like the contracts I agreed: 2GB and 5GB tariffs, at greater costs, with no family discount. 

I tried contacting customer services to explain that this email and the contracts themselves were not correct, but I have not been unsuccessful. I spent one hour on the phone trying to speak to someone, one hour over the Message chat (no one responded). I also sent texts to the messaging service number which I saw on here (again, no one responded). 

What should I do next? All I want is confirmation of the contracts we agreed. If these contracts cannot be honored, I would like the contracts cancelled. 

Whi else should I contact and how?

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New contract different to the one agreed

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and information either written or verbal that is supplied by the company is contractually binding if you relied upon it.  Or put another way, the law says VM now HAVE to honour the agreed contracts.

Possibly the forum staff will intervene and save the day (don't accept any compromise on what was originally agreed), although response times are longer than usual at the moment - can be as much as four days.  Or, if you've got the time and fortitude, you could raise a formal complaint with VM in writing, and if/when the company fail to handle that properly, escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS who'll sort it out and probably give a few quid compensation for the hassle.

But at the end of it, do you really want to give your business to a company who behave like this and have such dubious customer service?  If it's only a good deal because of over-promising and under-delivering, and by stripping customer service back to the most awful offshored menagerie, imagine what happens if you have a problem...actually, you don't need to imagine, you've already found out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Agreed price for broadband last night on phone but contact is different , higher price and changes to package 

removed service and higher price 

feel like I’ve been lied to and conned

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth 

no one has been in touch , although I also filled in a complaint 

my issue is with my broadband not sim 

the price offered to me ( and which I accepted ) is not what was in the contract that was sent 

only a small increase but still ...

seems an unfair tactic especially at a time when it is impossible to get reply from anyone 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angela_d,

I am sorry to hear that you also have the same problem but with your cable services, I'd really like to get to the bottom of this for you. 

I've sent you over a PM so I can take some further details, please check out the purple envelope for a message from myself 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos