Menu
Mike-37
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin sim.

Why am I left with a mobile phone that now only makes " Emergency calls " ???

About 3 weeks ago I inserted the new replacement sim card and it asked for a restriction code, I tried the unlock number on the front of the letter to no avail. I finally managed to speak to someone on the phone who said she could fix it there and then and it would be okay in 24 hours. No such luck, it now came up with, Sim card registration failed, packet data not available, link not available and no service. I managed to phone again and I was told that it was an old phone and the new sim card wouldn't work in it, so we will send you a new phone! That was a week ago and I am still waiting. So I am now left with a phone that will not work on either the new sim or the old sim, just emergency calls only. Does anyone out there have any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin sim.

Hi there @Mike-37 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your new SIM and your handset and that the new one hasn't arrived. 

Have you since had a delivery? Please let us know if this hasn't yet arrived and we can private message to pass security and chase this up. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mike-37
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for getting back to me. No, I have still have not received the new phone, I phoned again this morning on the land line and the chap said it would be 10 working days for delivery, that's from Aug 29th. Will have to wait a bit longer I guess.
I also have another problem as my 2nd phone also seems to be showing "no service", that also has an old red sim card but I haven't had a letter and a new purple sim card for that phone yet. Could you please arrange to send me a new sim card for that one. It's a Sony Xperia M2. Thanks, I look forward to your reply.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mike-37,

I'm sorry that you still haven't received your handset. As you have been advised to wait 10 working days for delivery, I would ask for you to wait a couple more days until the device is received. I can understand that you're eager to receive your handset so we really appreciate your patience with this.

Did you receive any texts on your 2nd phone prior to losing the service, stating that you needed to replace the SIM?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Mike-37
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no I didn't get any texts or a letter for my 2nd phone.
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike-37,

Thanks for coming back to us. I'll PM you now regarding this 2nd phone and I can look into this further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos