Menu
bartholomew10
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin Sim - does one HAVE to change Pay as you GO contracts?

New Virgin Sim - does one HAVE to change Pay as you GO contracts?.  I have tried to go through their Website but it's totally hopeless in finding aonyone to talk to.

Can one end up using the new Sim and LOSING the money left on the old Sim??

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin Sim - does one HAVE to change Pay as you GO contracts?

Hi bartholomew10,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

My apologies but I'm unsure what your post is referring too. Have you received a new sim card?

^Martin

0 Kudos
bartholomew10
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matin, The plot thickens! It took me nearly an hour of trying tio get through to actually 'talk' to someone only to find that the new Sim sent me would NOT FIT electronically into our early Nockias(we just use them for any emergencies or occasional contact when out driving) It seems that Virgin have been caught on the hop with this and quite apologetically they immediately claimed (it's been four days so far and not yet arrived) that as what they have produced is 'incompatable' with our phones (my wife has a similer one) so they will be sending us two new phones for free! Two new Sim cards will also be sent to fit those, and they actually arrived yesterday.
If - big IF - this all works out it says much for their poor planning, and if we hadn't made a huge effort (I went through no less than FIVE people on their phones as they struggled to give answers , plus ages initially on Virgins website getting nowhere) to find out what's going on then we could have been left with two 'dead' phones and a loss of the money on the current sim cards. What a way to run a bloody Company!
It seems that we won;t HAVE to go onto one of their 'Deals' and can remain on Pay-as-you-Go, BUT the charges will then go up and that's another thing that they are effectively springing on the public.
NOT impressed, as you can imagine,
Cheers, Richard
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for that information. I can certainly appreciate the frustration with this. 

I'm glad to hear that our team is working to get this resolved for you. 

Please do keep us posted. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
bartholomew10
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Martin.
We do now have the two Sim cards, but no phones have turned up yet! The chap we talked to reckoned that they might be with us on Tuesday, and it's now Thursday, so we will wait a little longer before contacting Virgin again.
Time will tell !
Richard Bartholomew
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to hear you've got the SIM cards. 

Was the agent referring to the Tuesday just gone or the Tuesday coming up?

^Martin

0 Kudos
bartholomew10
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, Well? - - interesting question! I must say that I just expected it to be last Tuesday as that's when he reckoned that the Sim cards would be there. They were, so - - - ?
Richard
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Okay, what I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
bartholomew10
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have replied just now to the queries you asked. If by private message you want my direct Email address it's :
 [REMOVED]
Cheers,

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
bartholomew10
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As a matter of interest I can't see above the message I sent you just a few minutes ago!. If you haven't had anything apart from this do please let me know. I sent my phone numbers and memorable word answers.
0 Kudos