Menu
Dave1151
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin SIM not valid in Nokia 1100

I have a 15 year old Nokia 1100 that I am very happy with as a back-up to my smartphone. Unexpectedly Virgin Media sent me a new SIM card to install and a statement that my old SIM would no longer work from the end of this month (September 2020). On putting the new SIM in the phone I get the message "SIM NOT VALID". I have requested help from Virgin several times and they have even promised a replacement Nokia phone but so far this has not arrived and I am pessimistic. Online I have seen some special procedure for enabling the new SIMs to be used in an old Nokia 1112. This does not seem to work with my phone. Can you please help me continue to use my phone? Is there a similar procedure for the 1100? Thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Virgin SIM not valid in Nokia 1100

Remove SIM card

If Virgin have sent the code 

Type in #pw+CODE+7#.
If +7# does not work use +1#

1. To show p in the phones display - just press * three times within two seconds.

2. To show w in the phones display - just press * four times within two seconds.

3. To show + in the phones display - just press * twice within two seconds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dave1151
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice. I have tried several times to do this with both +7# and +1# at the end but unfortunately all I get is the message "Not Allowed". For the CODE I am using the 15 digit unlock code supplied by Virgin in the letter accompanying the new SIM. For what it's worth, I have also substituted all digits from 1 to 9 into the final bit, but with the same "Not Allowed" result. Any other suggestions please?

Over the weekend I had yet another conversation with someone in the Philippines who apologised for the delay in supplying me with a replacement phone and promised to call me tomorrow with further news. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI Dave1151, thanks for the message and I am sorry to hear about the issues which you are having with the new sim. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. Chris .

0 Kudos