Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin Mobile SIM card - but only for 1 of the 2 phones on our account

Hi

We have a Virgin Mobile account with 2 phones/mobile numbers associated with it.  Over the last few weeks we've received correspondence from VM about receiving new SIMs.  A couple of days ago we received one SIM for one of the phones and it is working phone.  However we are wondering why we have not received a SIM for the other phone?  Looking back at the correspondence it only mentions one number, and not the other one, so now we are concerned that the other one has been forgotten.  There has been no mention or reference to other phones at all in the correspondence.

Looking at account details and help pages there does not appear to be any mention of this change of SIMs at all, and help pages are a bit of a mess at the moment, with no obvious means to get in touch with customer services via email/message etc (noting the current crisis I would expect at least a means to write to customer services and wait for a response over a couple of days - pretty much every other company has managed this).

So - is there a customer agent online that can help with the issue above i.e. answer the question as to whether we can expect a new SIM for other phone in the short term prior to deactivation of the old SIM (the note mentions 30 days); or does anyone know how paying customers can contact customer services in relation to this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Virgin Mobile SIM card - but only for 1 of the 2 phones on our account

They are sent out in batches which seem to be random. Also if one of the SIM cards is of a later type it will not need replacing 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is helpful - thanks for responding.  Do you know if there is a way we can tell what type/generation of SIM we have in the phone to see whether to expect an update or not?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Difficult to tell if they are pushed out to nano sim. But the old ones had red edging the new ones purple. 

Also the new one started to be issued late 2017. Newer than that it won't need changing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi FunkyL,

thanks for using the forums to get some clarity with this. We have been going through a network migration over the past couple of years so we've been sending out new purple SIM's systematically. I'm sorry only one of your phones has been sent this, you can still get one sent out to you though as we can request a migration SIM. We can do this here on the forums and the customer service team can do too.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Megan_L - thanks for responding.  I can't find any way to contact customer services on the website so looks like it will need to be via these forums I guess.  How do I do that - just ask you or send you a PM with details (phone number etc)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'll pop you a personal message to grab some details and we can get  a new SIM sent from there 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos