cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Virgin 5G SIM

Leedsnanna5
Joining in

New Virgin 5G SIM, Doro 5860, getting Connection unavailable? and 'Conditional Divert enabled' error message, when you make a call?  Q: How to Fix?

7 REPLIES 7

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Leedsnanna5, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with your new SIM, we will do all we can to help.

Just to confirm, when was the request to activate the SIM submitted please? Also, have you rebooted the handset since this problem started?

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Thanks for replying. Virgin Mobile letter to replace old Sim with New 5G SIM, did the swap out within few days, on 8th August 2022.
I followed all the instructions on the Letter. I didn't get any messages asking for the activation PIN, got text that everything was OK. 

ll seemed fine, until I did a test call and got the 'Conditional Divert enabled' error message. I assume something went wrong with the activation? or may be not compatibie with this basic assit phone.?

I have tried all the obvious things, like going to settings and turned all divert options off and rebooted the phone a few times, but still the same issue.

We have never used Divert  calls options in first place.The phone is my elderly mothers phone ( registered to me ) She can't see or hear very well, but perfect phone and no problems until now.

Your Q:  when was the request to activate the SIM submitted please? 
Does this mean that I need to do something more, to activate the new 5G SIM?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Conditional Divert Enabled message shows on some old style phones. Just means when you are on a call if anybody rings their call will go to voicemail. 

That part of your problem is nothing to worry about.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Leedsnanna5,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing query.

I have been able to check our systems and I cannot see any issues that would raise concern about the SIM card. The reason why you're getting the error on your phone, as @enlli advised, is because the phone is an older model. The Doro phone model does not support 5G services and the message is only showing on the phone as a way of the phone telling you what it can see. This should not cause any issues with the calls on this phone.

Is there anything else we can do to help?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks you everyone for your replies.

As the phone is used by my elderly mother I just wanted to check everyhting I needed to do, was done. I know the phone supports 2G, 3G and 4G and I hoped that as long as she could make & received calls, it was all ok. It was just confusing for her to get the error message.

It would be better if Vigin mobile asked the user if they would like to switch up to 5G  rather than just tell them they HAVE to. This help would avoid confusion for the users of Basic phone models & older phone which obviously do not support 5G. 

It was not necessary to switch from the 4G SIM for her needs.

But any way, thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

5G SIM cards are backward compatible and work on 2, 3 & 4G 

I have a card capable of working on 5G inserted in my Vehicle Tracker and that is 2G only

No one is forcing people to go 5G which only covers about 30% of the country.

The change of the SIM would be to enable the move to O2 and nothing else.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply.

She had no choice but to put in 5G SIM, they told her she had 2 weeks before her current SIM ( 4G ) would stop working and to put the new 5G SIM card in.

Otherwise, we would have had to go to the hassle of changing her SIM only contract to another supplier. I am guessing that they will all be moving to 5G eventually anyway. But might shop around now any way.

But interesting that Vigin mobile customers will shorlty be moved over to O2. i did wonder, when I found out that all the Virgin Media retail shops had been closed down, last year.

Thank you