Menu
RichardS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Sim update invalid

I have the same problem as everyone else.  The new SIM update does not work in my wife's simple mobile, a Nokia 1112,  I read that Virgin has provided a replacement simple phone to others.

I would like such a replacement as I don't see why I should have to buy one.

Contacting support has proved timeconsuming and utterly fruitless.

How do I make this replacement happen please?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
nc88ggg
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim update invalid

Exactly the same has happened to me. I managed to speak to an advisor this morning who was polite and initially helpful, but when he transferred me to someone 'who could help' the connection was cut.

I suspect the problem (code rejection) is because it is for an old keypad phone, but for a large company making big buck profits this is totally unacceptable. I think the worst thing is the difficulty in contacting any form of useful support; I'm sick of being sent round in circles and am ready to leave VM.

I later googled reviews for Virginmobile and surprise surprise: 1/5 stars!

0 Kudos
CaroleR
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same problem.  My phone is an old simple one and the keys were not registering with new sim - just showing an asterisk.  And I was asked for a network code? Which I don't have?  And no helper has told me the network code or why this is happening.  

I put my old sim back and the keys now register but when I try to send a message it says 'error' or phone - it says emergency only.

My phone was functioning fine before.  Will never use Virgin for anything again.

C  Read

CaroleR
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have had major problems with my old simple phone.  I also read the reviews.

People should contact 'Which' who review all sorts of services and this might get more publicity than customers complaints on this site.

When I have got a new provider ... will never use Virgin for anything again.!

0 Kudos