Menu
wrinkly55
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Sim query

Following a letter from Virgin about a new SIM card being sent, I received the new card and inserted it in my Nokia 100 mobile phone. I received a confirmation text from Virgin that the SIM card was working properly and as far as I can tell the phone is working as it should do. When I bought the phone it was supplied with a Virgin SIM card and I have stayed with Virgin ever since. However, it now says T-Mobile UK on the home screen and not Virgin. Is this something I should be concerned about? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Sim query

No. It's OK. T-Mobile does not exist anyway. It's a quirk of the firmware programming. TMobile was Virgins original carrier

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wrinkly55
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim query

Many thanks for the speedy response. It’s reassuring to know it’s nothing to be concerned about. It does seem strange that from new my phone has always said Virgin until now, and even stranger that my husband also received a new SIM for his phone, which is similar to mine, and his still says Virgin. There’s no accounting for the vagaries of technology!

0 Kudos