Menu
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Sim problems

Ever since I received the new sim I have been having problems.

1. I constantly get a RAM reading showing me how many applications are open;

2. lots of the websites I try to look at give me "SSL connection error";

3. other websites keep giving me "Site unavailable".

I have never experienced any of these problems with my old sim card. Why now?

What's happening here? Is anybody else getting these problems?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Sim problems

Hi JimboX, 

thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you're having these problems and that they only just started since swapping your new SIM. 

Can I ask what model phone you've got please? 

Also, do you have any error messages in regards to the actual SIM card? 

Any issues with signal connectivity?

Can I ask if you've popped the SIM in a different phone to see if the issues still persist? 

Also, have you rebooted the handset? 

Please follow these instructions if you've not done them already and let me know what you find out 🙂

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,
Thanks for the reply.
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - model GT-I9195 - OS: Android 4.4.2.
What is this RAM reading thing - which I’ve never seen before?
No actual error messages other than this “SSL connection error” and lots of “Site Unavailable” - all of which stop me connecting to websites.
No, no issues with signal connectivity.
I don’t have access to another phone so that isn’t possible.
Rebooting - I’m not sure how to do this (instructions would be a help) - would I lose any data/pictures/bookmarks etc. if I tried this?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Kind regards
JimboX
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey there JimboX,

Is it possible if you can try a different phone for us and can you send us a screenshot of the RAM reading error (make sure you blur out any personal information). We need to see whether it's the phone, SIM or an App that may be causing the error.

Can you make sure you have enough storage on the phone and try and delete some Apps temporarily to see if it helps? It may help to clear the cache on some Apps you frequent too by going to settings - storage -  select the App and select to clear the cache (not data). Can you try switching your phone off and back on again to see if it helps?

Regarding the SSL error when trying to surf the internet, can you try a different browser to see if you get the same error?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for taking an interest in my problem. In reply to your questions:
1. As I said in my last post I don’t have access to another phone and how do I get a screenshot off of my phone onto my computer to show the RAM reading error?
2. I’ve got one and a half GB storage space so that should be enough I think and I’ve cleared some aps and cleared loads of caches and switching off and on doesn’t make any difference.
3. I’ve changed my browser, to Chrome, but I still get the SSL connection error on various websites.

Cheers

JimboX

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to try and find or borrow a phone to temporarily check? I ask as I've checked your details using the information we have on here and cannot see anything out of the ordinary. As it's a new SIM and you're experiencing different issues, we need to pin point the issue. Our IT Team will also want to know how the SIM behaves in a different phone also.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos