Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Sim not working. Network permanently locked.

Got sent a new sim out and put it in my phone, followed all the instructions and it didn’t work. It didn’t accept the codes listed on the pack I received and now says network permanently locked, please contact your operator. 

Spoke to customer service online they said the handset must be locked on EE which is why it worked before on the old sim, but not the new one. I contacted EE and they ran an IMEI check and they said its not locked on EE. Tried a third party as directed and they said it isn’t locked on EE, and it didn’t work with an EE sim. 

Ive also put the new sim into another phone, which is definitely unlocked, and it STILL didn’t work. 

I now have two sims, neither of which are working. I haven’t had a working phone for four days now, about to be five. I’ve spent a total of about 15 hours trying to get through to customer service on the phone and online. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim not working. Network permanently locked.

Bit worried about the network permanently locked message.

This usually appears when a network unlocking code has been entered incorrectly too many times.

What is the make and model of the phone?

Where was it purchased

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s an Alcatel pop 3. It’s second hand so not entirely sure. 

I’ve tried the new sim in a different phone and its not working in that one either. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post GS_65 and welcome to our community.

It sounds like the handset may be locked to a certain provider SIM card, are you able to contact the handset provider to receive an unlock code? 

Was the alternative handset you tried unlocked or on a Virgin SIM card? 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos