Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Sim has locked me out

The new sim (which virgin media has forced upon me) has locked me out. When attempting to find out the code either via website or call centre I'm required to put in my email address and password. I ceased having that e-mail 11 years ago and i certainly cant remember the password. Call centre extremely unhelpful saying agin and agin I need to give them the password so they can send an unlock code. trying to get them to understand that I no longer have that e-mail adress is futile. It just doesnt get through. So I decided to port my numebr to another provider and of course tring to request  a PAC need...drum roll...my emial adress and password. Trying to use the function to recover email and password leads to "thats not quite right..try again" I do know my name,my number and my postcode. Virgin know the same..i mean you sent me the darned letters and sim. What you gonna do about it!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim has locked me out

Same here,  I am totally locked out of my mobile

I have one screen  

Wrong code. Enter SIM ME lock (SP) 

I have tried every combination of codes given to me on the letter, the red card, my original registration

NOTHING.

But be careful,  I have now ONLY 4 remaining attempts 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi cloudmansteve,

Welcome to the community!

I'm very sorry for the issues you've been facing with the new SIM. When you called us and you had forgotten your memorable word (which is separate to your online account password), the agent should have moved onto to asking secondary security questions about your account, was this not the case?

Let me know if you still need assistance with this and I'll pop you over a private message and do my best to help from there.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi severnbore,

Sorry to hear that you have also run into this issue - have you been able to get this sorted since posting or do you also need some help?

Let me know and I'll be more than happy to look into this also for you.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm the agent did no such thing. they aere, i'm afraid, pretty unhelpful. The issue remains and after speaking with another agent yesterday, unresolved. She kept saying they could phone me..but that impossible as the phone will not accept incoming calls or texts. She said they could text me an unlock code, but again that wont work as I cant get passed the lock screen maessge that has been there since the ne sim was installed. I tried to reinsert the old sim but that has been locked also. The webpage where I am offered the facility to change and recover by entering my name, my phone number and  my postcode returns with the message that these deatils are not recognised. I do know my name, poscode and phone number!!  I will be moving from Virgin Media unless you can fix this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi cloudmansteve,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Apologies again for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused.

I'll send you over a private message now so I can take some account details and take a look. Please find my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

See you there,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, further to my reply here is a short video and a screengravirginmedia screwup.jpg

b of the bizzare messages I get when trying to get myself a new password.

0 Kudos