Menu
Highlighted
stevef
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New Sim draining battery

Since installing the replacement Sim Virgin sent me, apparently to resolve issues i had in Guernsey that I wasnt aware I'd had, my battery life has gone from a couple of days to just over 12 hours. There have been no other changes to the phone so the Sim card is the only suspect. Other symptoms include frequently getting msg emergency calls only, refreshing sim data, no service selected network (virgin) not available, tho it appears if i manually scan for networks, registering on the network takes a long time, sometimes works, sometimes says your sim card does not allow a connection to this network . Sim status shows signal strength -113dbm 0 asu. Phone is  a Galaxy S6 edge.

I suspect the sim is bad, can i get a replacement please

Thanks Steve

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim draining battery

If signal was fine before the swap, I would also say SIM is bad.  Weak or no signal is a big battery killer.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Stevef, 

Sorry that you've been having an issue since the new SIM, it's not what we like to hear. 

We can certainly try a new SIM card and see if this helps, I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

Smiley Happy 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New SIM arrived today, everything working perfectly so far, fingers crossed. Thanks

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Spoke too soon, not working again this morning. Restarted phone and its connected again lets hope its permanent this time.
0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nope lasted 1 hour and its gone again.
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you are stuck in the same boat as others are in this thread 😵  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/NEW-VIRGIN-SIM-amp-NO-SERVICE-AGAIN-amp-AGAIN-amp...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah been watching that one, think I might follow their lead and jump ship, been looking and I can get a better deal from a different supplier.
0 Kudos
cope12345
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm experiencing the same

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Purple-SIM-data-problem/td-p/4053107

The phone keeps dropping signal the issues with SIM cards seem to be a real problem for a lot on this forum.  Virgin need to take notice that it is not an isolated case but involve a number of us who have recently had a new SIM .

0 Kudos