cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim card

jacquildavies
Up to speed

Hi

My partner has just upgraded his SIM from an old deal he had with Virgin Mobile.

All seems to have gone through OK until he just had a text to confirm his new SIM is on its way, complete with a new number. He didn’t want a new number. When going through the ordering process something did come up as a little dot relating to a new number but you couldn’t activate it or deactivate it. One thing did say that you can keep your old number when you put the new SIM in. Is this right?

Thanks for any advice you can give 😁

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jacquildavies thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

For your issue raised here, it would be best to speak to our Mobile Team directly over the phone where they can offer the necessary help here.

Please do give us a call on 0345 600 0789 - I hope this helps!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom. I’ll try that. 

Hi @jacquildavies,

Please keep us updated on how you get on. If you need help with anything else, please get in touch. We're here to assist. 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good afternoon. 

I phoned customer services today and have sorted out the problem. Apparently when changing the plan I should have asked for a new plan rather than a new SIM which would give me a new number. I can’t remember anything to do with that going through the procedure. Also I do remember it saying I could save my current phone number when updating my SIM, but this wasn’t an option. 

Anyway, as I said it is sorted now thankfully. 

Kind regards

Jacqui

Hi @jacquildavies,

That's great to hear! Glad that you've been able to keep us updated on this and happy that your issue is now resolved.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thanks very much 😁

Hi @jacquildavies,

That's no problem at all! We're here to help! 🙂

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team