Menu
Abc10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Sim card not working

I recieved a replacement Sim card about last week and have just put it into my phone but it still says no service. It's now been more than 24 hours and it's still not working but I urgently need my number. Any help will be appreciated!

0 Kudos
JamesM36
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Sim card not working

Hi, Just had the same issue as you with my replacement SIM (which in all fairness was delivered very quickly!). By chance, I logged into my online account and found that under the "Your plan and device" tab there was a "Got a new SIM?" option. I clicked on this and bingo it activated the new SIM and the phone came alive! Shame this was not mentioned in the letter which came with the replacement SIM, also a shame that following the link given for help (virginmedia.com/newsim) gets a "Oh, crikey. We can't find that page" error.

Hope this helps.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Abc10,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear your sim card hadn't worked when putting in your phone,

I have had a look our end however was unable to find details with the details we have for you, have you activated the new sim and it it working since your last post ?

Regards

Paul.

Abc10
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Thanks for the help and suggestions it took a little longer but eventually it started working. Not sure why it took longer this time, but it’s working now so that’s fine!

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad it's all up and running now @Abc10

Let us know if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos