cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim can't make calls or send texts

pbarwell
Just joined

Lost my phone brought new device and VM sent replacement sim. Set up okay and I can receive texts and calls but unable to make calls or send texts - only showing "emergency calls".

Call VM was told to remove sim, which I have now done many times and rebooted handset but nothing changes - help!

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pbarwell,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

So I can look into this further for you, I'm going to pop you a private message. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

stephw1234
Joining in

I'm having the exact same issue,I've tried rebooting phone and removing sim card many times and still can't make any calls,send texts or use data,I can receive calls and texts though,it's very frustrating 

Hi stephw1234

Sorry to hear fo the problems with your mobile services, we appreciate the confusion this can cause and you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Are you experiencing these issues everywhere or in certain locations? How long has this been happening for? Have you had a new SIM recently or made any changes to the account?

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this further.

Rob

Thanks for getting back to me stephw1234, can you try rebooting the handset and see if it now has service pelase?

Rob

It is now working thank you!