Menu
stvm
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Sim : Sim Not Valid

Recently been bombarded with texts saying I need to confirm my address so I can be sent a new Sim.

Sim Arrived, but when I try to use it in My Phone, it says 'Sim Not Valid'

Letter said I might need an unlock code: I have submitted on the website listed for this, but have heard nothing back over a week later. This is troubling as I'm being warned my current Sim will be disabled after 30 days from receipt. So, down to 15 days or less.

Have teid to get through on 789; when I finally get through security, they then say they need to transfer me. Transfer never works, call hangs up.

I see on the board here that apparently Model 100 Nokia is not compatible with this sim.

Is this true, and if so, what Is? What should I do, given that The Phone service drops me and the unlock website doesn't respond?

Many thanks for any help

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Sim : Sim Not Valid

Hi there @stvm

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our wall - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with the new SIM we have sent you. Some of the more older handsets are locked and also have older technology that cannot accept the new SIM and our migrated services. 

Whilst is is possible to search for an unlock code for your handset, there may not be one available and/or it may not be accepted. If this is the case, you have a couple of options available to you. 

1. We can send you a new handset free of charge that is compatible with the new SIM
  2. You can purchase your own new handset to use the new SIM in
  3. You can request the PAC for your phone and choose to leave us. 

If you have not yet had the unlock code, I can pop you a Private Message and we can take some information from you and see if we can provide you with one. If not, you can then advise what option would suit you best.

Please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim : Sim Not Valid

Thanks so much for your Private Message @stvm - so glad that the handset has arrived and all working ok for you 🙂 

Hope you have a great weekend, you know where we are if you need anything further

Stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide