Menu
Slove42
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Sim Signal loss

From reading in the community alot of people are experiencing what I am. 

I was with giff gaff and I got sim only deal to join virgin, my phone worked fine previously. Once I got new sim it says I have 4G but soon as I make a call it loses signal and cuts me off. I've tried phoning but it cuts me off.

Don't know how to get this sorted and no one on here seems to be getting an answer. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim Signal loss

Hi Slove42,

Thanks for posting on the community and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry that you've been having some problems with your new Virgin SIM. Can you please confirm if you able to send/receive texts messages OK and if you're able to receive calls without any issues?

I know this seems very basic, but have you tried putting your phone in and out of flight mode to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Slove42
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes, I can send and receive texts 

I've also had flight mode off and on

When I go into my system phone info and says phone number unknown that's only thing strange I can see. 

Phone is absolutely phone till I use it, says 4g and with every call I make / receive the 4g goes away, h appears then nothing till it cuts out

Was fine till I put this new sim in 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The drop from 4G to 3G to make a call is standard on networks that don't have 4G calling. That said it should not drop the call.

What happens if you call with 4G turned off. This will tell us if there is a switching problem 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos