Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Sim Problems

Hi - first time posting - got sent a new sim for my phone - followed the instructions and now everything works but can't receive incoming calls - contacted Virgin 3 times now and being promised it will take up to 24 hours (not the 10 minutes or less on the letter with it)  - that was nearly 4 days ago and still nothing - last call this morning operator suggested I put back in the old sim and wait till it deactivates - then hung up!!!  Anyone else having these issues and, if so, how did it get resolved or if you cancelled and moved contracts any advice on where to go and how to cancel with this lot - totally fed up!!!  Thank you for any advice received.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim Problems

Hello Albir1

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced with incoming calls on your new SIM card but thanks for raising this via the forums and welcome to the community, we'll do all we can to help get this resolved for you.

We can see you have called and spoken to an agent since your post, were they able to rectify the issue and get the incoming call problem solved?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob

Thanks for the reply - yes it is sorted out now but it took 5 days and numerous calls to get this resolved  - as a key worker who relies on my phone this was a lot longer than the "10 minutes" it stated on the letter - nor did the letter mention that you don't activate new sim cards over a weekend and definitely not a bank holiday one.

I have raised this as a formal complaint but not heard a word back yet?  Can you help with this?  

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information Albir1. I'm glad to hear this has been resolved for you. 

I can appreciate your frustration with the time taken to get this resolved. Just to confirm concerning the sim activation. We can activate sim cards at any point. It can take up to 24 hours for the SIM card to go fully active. 

Do you have a complaint reference number? What is it you specifically raised the complaint concerning? 

^Martin

0 Kudos