Menu
TerriPinno
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Sim Not Working

Hi, posting on behalf of my Grandma! She was recently sent a replacement virgin sim and upon putting it in her phone, it states service provider unknown?? Her mobile number hasn’t changed but the SIM card doesn’t work in her (old) sagem 220x phone!! Any tips! She’s left her phone with both new  & old sim with me to sort whilst she’s taken my children on holiday and I’d much like to have it working for her on return! 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim Not Working

Hi TerriPinno

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you are unable to use the replacement SIM. There are 3 possible reasons:

• The SIM is not active - I can check this for you if needed
  • The handset is locked - there should be an unlock code included along with instruction.
  • The handset incompatible - this one, regrettably may be due to the age of the phone.

I'll send you a PM shortly to check the SIM status.

Cheers,
Corey C

0 Kudos
ByronT
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim Not Working

Hi there, I thought I'd reply to this thread as my Mum is having a similar problem with her Sagem my220x.  When she attempts to enter the pin (7890) it says it is incorrect and obviously she is anxious that her phone will be locked if she tries too many times.  Any thoughts as to why the pin isn't working?  Can she keep using the old sim or will it expire at some point?  The phone has always been on Virgin pay as you go if that helps.

Many thanks for any help in advance!

0 Kudos