Menu
Chloe16
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Sim, No service

I received a new phone a few weeks ago but my previous SIM card would not work in the device, after speaking to your team over the phone they sent out a new SIM card. I followed the instructions given with my new SIM card but is coming up saying "No Service" once I put in the SIM PIN.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim, No service

Thanks for the post Chloe16 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've been through to activate the SIM card after receiving this? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
kevodonnell
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

my mobile number is [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] I have been receiving text constantly from virgin mobile to replace the sim they sent out.  However I was given the phone by my sister over 10 years ago and she moved several addresses since then.  I have given my address as the phones owner and still have not been sent a sim card.  From what I have read here it seems that thousands of others have a similar problem.  I owned this phone for years and you just decide to cut me off.  There is no virgin mobile shops in Blackpool and so your saying go find another phone service provider.  Thats not a very nice thing to be doing.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
kevodonnell
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

By the way your phone services say my phone will be cut off in 10 days.
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We ask that you please do not post personal information on the community forum as this is a public site. 

We can see that you'e already posted your own thread so we would also ask that you keep your query to this one thread to avoid confusion.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
kevodonnell
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In other words this is a waste of space and the text from virgin mobile to peoples phones telling them their phones are being cut off without any good reason and there is nobody from virgin media who is going to help or explain why but staff here will have fun giving people the run around instead of the help they require.

I was given an EE phone from a helpful person and also an 02 phone from another helpful person to overcome the dilemma virgin mobile has put me in by deciding to cut my phone off. Do note virgin mobile was not on that list of future phone use. So the solution has resolved itself and virgin mobile will be losing my business.
0 Kudos
kevodonnell
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In case you forgot.  Virgin Mobile is disconnecting my phone in 9 days if I do not put in a new sim that they sent to some other address.  So it is not personnel information as that phone clearly will be going into a bin never to be used again.

The text message sent to my phone saying virgin mobile /help sent me to this waste of time website where customers can get the run around and not any help at all.  If you did not want my comments or enquiries or anyone else's then virgin mobile should not send links to this waste of space.  

0 Kudos