Menu
mabreal229
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Sim - Lost Contact List and Freshly entered contacts not listing.

When I swapped the sim in my Samsung Galaxy J7 payg phone for new version sent recently by VM my contacts app shows "0" contacts. I trawled my phone log and txt exchanges to recover as many contacts and phone numbers as possible but when I enter and save them then check contacts list it still shows "0" contacts. Can't get to speak to any VM support sources for advice. Anybody got any suggestions re what may have gone wrong or how to fix it. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim - Lost Contact List and Freshly entered contacts not listing.

Hi there @mabreal229 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in reply, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Are you still having issues with the handset at the moment and your contact lists? 

Let us know 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mabreal229
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie,

Still have problem. Unable to find any help from VM support that addresses the problem.

I have concluded the only option is to migrate my mobile numbers to another provider who has a more accessible customer support network.

My Samsung Galaxy J7 is a dual sim model. I had no problem when I changed first new sim sent by VM. It was for my lesser used number.

When I changed the sim of the more widely used number the details in my contacts list disappeared and it simply shows "0" contacts..

When I re-enter and save the details of contacts I have been able to locate they are not showing in the contacts list. It still shows "0" contacts.

mabreal229

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mabreal229,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues getting your numbers, when you had the old sim did you have the numbers save to the Sim or the phone.

If your contacts aren't showing on the phone itself there isn't much we can advise.

If you have your contact saved on your google account you can import them from there.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos