Menu
Martiniere
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Sim Card

I have an old Motorola clam phone that is over 15 years old and pay-as-you-go, that I only switch on when I go out.   

When, out of the blue, I received an e-mail from VM two days ago, informing me that I would be receiving a new sim card, my initial reaction was, I did not want one.  However, when it arrived today, I was very pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to install and, although the instructions in the accompanying letter said to wait 10 minutes after installing the sim for the phone to work, I did not have to wait at all. 

As soon as I had installed the sim, I switched on my mobile phone and straight away it worked and within a few minutes I received a text message from VM confirming that the sim was switched on and the old sim is now permanently switched off.  There is just one thing:  the screen on my mobile phone is showing T-Mobile.  Can anyone tell me why this is?  Everything else works just fine and even the photographs I had are all still on my phone.     

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Sim Card

That's to do with the old Firmware on your phone. 15 years ago T-Mobile was Virgins carrier. 

T-Mobile no longer exists but the phone hasn't caught up! 

Absolutely nothing to worry about.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martiniere
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your explanation as to why I see T-Mobile on the screen of my VM mobile phone after I inserted their new Sim card.  

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for your post Martiniere and sorry to hear of the confusion with the new SIM card.

This should not be showing T-Mobile, are the services all working OK for you? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Martiniere
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Emily and thank you for your reply.  My mobile phone is working just fine except for the T-Mobile UK sign at the top of the screen.  It is most odd.

Kind regards

Louise

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That is a very odd instance that we haven't heard of before. 

If it's not having any negative effects on the services we can leave this for now although if you begin having any service affecting issues please do get back in touch. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Martiniere
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I agree with what you say.  It is most odd to see the T-Mobile sign on my screen but as my mobile phone is operating without any problem and my Virgin pay-as-you-go card is working, we can leave things as they are.   Thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my original comment.

With kind regards

0 Kudos