Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New SIm Card

I've received an email saying that Virgin are sending me a new SIM card.  I'm not in the UK right now so how on earth am I supposed to activate a new card when I'm not there?

Not to mention this will leave me without use of this UK mobile number until I can get back to the UK which is who knows when.

Do I HAVE to use this new card? I assume if I don't activate it they will disconnect my number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIm Card

You can get the sim sent to a friend or relative who would have to put it in their phone to activate it and then post it to you, as VM are charging networks your sim will eventually deactivate 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Echoes13

Thanks for posting. Have you got an alternative or friends address we could send the card too?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John. The SIM has been sent to my parents' home. My mum is pretty old so she won't have any idea what to do with it. She's obviously not leaving the house with everything going on so she'll have to have someone come over to help her with it but the main issue is that she doesn't have a mobile phone to put it in!

0 Kudos