Menu
SMA1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New SIM

Since my last message (No reply!!) I have tried the SIM in my own 3G phone it worked fine. What seems to be the problem is that you have replaced the SIM with one that doesn't work on 2G phones! This means that my wife's 2G PAYG phone which she has for emergencies is now cut off - why did you not warn customers about this???

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM

It works in unlocked phones, they don't work in phones that are locked to EE networks

0 Kudos
SMA1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am on Virgin network is that EE? and does that mean I should unlock the phone?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your phone will be network locked. Old SIM cards were rebadged EE the new ones are Virgins own.

If the phone was bought from Virgin they may have printed an unblocking code on either the letter or in feint numbers bottom left on the red card.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SMA1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes, there is an unlocking code - do I need to unlock with the old card? The new card has activated in my unlocked 3g phone.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Depends on the make and model you want to unlock.

Searching on Google often gives excellent tutorials or videos for specific models 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos