Menu
SMA1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New SIM

I have received my new SIM to 'move me to a new better network' but having follwed the instructions on the letter and inserted the new SIM I just get the message 'Wrong Card' - what's going on?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM

Hello SMA1

Sorry to hear this is not working 

As we stand now have you managed to get this fixed 

If not let us know and we can look into this in a bit more detail

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
SMA1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, we haven't managed to fix this. The new SIM works in my 3g phone but not in my wife's 2G which is what it was for. It just says wrong card and since the card. I understand from the Community that the new SIM only works with unlocked phones but since it has been  has now been activated the old card will not let me unlock the phone.  

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

What phone are you trying to use it in ?

Where was the phone purchased from ?

As the SIM is working in another phone, it looks like it might be that the 2G phone you are trying isn't compatible with the new SIM.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SMA1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is the phone my wife has had for sometime with Virgin - you are right the new SIM is not compatible and having switched off our existing SIM, the phone is now locked and unusable - great service! So much for an exciting new experience!!!

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SMA1, 

Really sorry this still isn't sorted, I can appreciate the frustration. 

If you're using one of the older handsets it could well be that it won't work with the new SIM card. 

In these cases we would still be able to assist, it might be that a replacement phone is needed.

I'll pop you a personal message to see if I can get some details and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos