Menu
moonasingha
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New SIM

I have an old mobile phone NOKIA1600 (not a Smartphone) and use Virgin Pay as you go. I have received a text message from Virgin to text back my postcode to send me a new SIM card. The message says without the new SIM I may run into service problems. I cannot send text messages from my mobile, it is just awkward. Pressing the key few times does not work to text what you want. When I phone 150 and 789 it directs you to Virginmedia.com/mobilehelp. That link is no use to me.

I cannot speak to anyone in person with Virginmedia on the phone. How do I send my postcode as requested online to Virginmedia. Is there an email address I can write to Vifrgin media.    

Is this another way of telling me to change to a modern Smartphone or some wind up?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM

Thanks for the post Moonasingha and welcome to our community.

We're currently migrating all our SIM cards over to our own network, hence why we need to send out new SIM cards to our customers before the EE hosted ones stop working. Are you the account holder on the account? Are you able to go to your online account to check the address here is correct if possible? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
moonasingha
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I managed to send the postcode by a text message. After that, I received a text message to text the first line of the address. I tried in vain, and could not text the first line of the address.

I am not aware of I have an account online. I have a pay as you go phone/SIM card.

Regards

Ananda

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, I'll pop you over a private message so we can try to find the account that will be attached to this number and if we can pass security we can organise this for you. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos