Menu
pyonear
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New SIM replacement problems

I THOUGHT I had posted my problem on Thursday, but obviously not!  
After putting your new SIM in my mobile it is now FROZEN.  Code NUK and SOS messages only.. I have spent three days trying to get in touch with VM by landline phone (your various numbers 03456000789/08005196869/08000643836) and managed to speak to a foreign gentleman in sales on one occasion, but could not understand what he was saying. He transferred me to a help line and I was back in the "hello, your privacy matters, goodbye" loop again.  I also spoke to a lady called Alex who couldn't help but said that the phone would be answered quicker if I phoned at 9 a.m. - NOT!  Each time I go through the loop I end up with the disembodied voice telling me that you will send me a text message and "goodbye".... not helpful as my mobile is frozen so cannot receive texts, and additionalliy the reception here is poor to non existent. 
Looking through the acres of irrelevant information on yor website, it appears also that my current mobile is obsolete (Alcatel 353039011221125) as it is only a mobile phone, not a camera/computer/book reader etc).
I appreciate that we are all struggling under the effects of Covid19, but Mr. Branson still manages to get his space holidays and supersonic travel projects off the ground in these trying times.  Any hope for we poor mobile users?  I do not use my mobile often because of the poor reception, but when I am out and about I need it for emergencies as I am disabled.

PLEASE let me know how I can sort this out.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM replacement problems

Hi Pyonear, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear that the new SIM has caused you an issue with your phone, this ins't good. 

We will need to have a closer look and ensure the SIM is active or if an unlocking code is needed, if that doesn't work then we do have other options. 

I'll pop you a personal message now and get the ball rolling. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos