Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New SIM not working

Hi,

the new SIM card you sent me isn't working. It has locked. Can you help me unlock it please. I have been without a phone for weeks. Contacted you several weeks ago but no answer. I do not have a landline so my mobile is my only phone and I need it for contact with elderly parent during this covid situation. My tv service has also disappeared and I cannot phone you to get help with that because of the locked SIM. Please help thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM not working

Hi GWilson, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your new SIM card looked into, I am sorry you've not had any help with this thus far, but I am here and happy to help!

I would just like to ask some questions to get a better understanding of this situation. 

Was this new SIM card one that you upgraded to, or is it one of our new Purple Migration SIM's? 

Is there an error code on the screen when you try to use the new SIM card? Let me know what it says if there is. 

I have a link here that has different options for troubleshooting mobile issues, can you click on which one seems to fit your issue and follow its advice? Let me know what you find out and if it helps. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me. The issue was sorted out by Melinde on your chat help and support earlier today. She was very helpful and is sending me a new handset.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi GWilson,

Thanks for letting us know, I'm pleased to hear that Melinde was able to help get everything sorted for you.

Let us know how you get on with the new handset and have a great weekend.

Beth

0 Kudos