Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New SIM not working

Kept getting text messages advising me to swap to a SIM that had been sent out to me. I was never delivered one and went on the website to order a new one. After telling someone on here over and over that I don't know my memorable word as it was 5+ years old, I was finally connected to someone on the live chat who sorted me a new SIM in 5 minutes.

I asked that if my SIM doesn't work what should I do, and 'Paulo' told me to just put my new SIM in once it's delivered, and then activate it online or through the chat again. Below is the exact messages sent between me and him at the end of the chat.

You at 18:00, Jul 5:
Yes, will I have any trouble swapping the sim since I did accidentally request the swap date without having the sim, which as you said activated the sim I didn't receive?

Paoulo at 18:01, Jul 5:

There should not be any issues with this.

One you have the new SIM, you just need to chat in or use your online access to activate the new SIM once you receive it.

I put the sim in at about 10.30pm on the 9th of July. I read that it could take upto 24 hours. Here I am at 3.19am on the 10th (I work nights), still without use of my phone. I can't find anywhere on the website that allows me to activate a new sim. Could someone point me in the right direction please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM not working

Have you got an online account? You should be able to do it from there

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/sim-help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos