Menu
zulu12
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New SIM, iphone 8 converting numbers to international

New to virgin mobile on SIM only contract. After a couple of days contact numbers changed format to international and cant use contact list to dial from. No caller ID on incoming calls.

Done the set region to Belgium and then back to UK, which was good for a couple of days but now dropped out again. Have switched off dial assist so can use contacts list to dial from but no caller ID on incoming calls and numbers are back to international format.

Been a satisfied virgin customer for ages and thought I would try their mobile. Not impressed so far!!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM, iphone 8 converting numbers to international

Try this

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Set dial assist back to UK

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
zulu12
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for responding. Having got to 'click national' I don't know how to set dial assist back to UK.

No options after selecting National other than going to dial assist to turn it on or off?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Once back to normal I would suggest turning dial assist off as it is not needed in this country 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
zulu12
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, have done all of this but hasn't worked.

Never expected these type of issues so if there there isn't a quick, easy and permanent fix I think I'll be cancelling my contract.

Appreciate your time though, thanks
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are quite a few threads on this issue. The fix I sent used to work but who is to say things have not changed with iOS.

Haven't got an I phone myself.

Virgin SIM cards are Belgian and in easy terms you are roaming in the UK. This incompatibility has been going on since the new cards were issued late 2017.

Don't know if you can leave if you are over 14 days

0 Kudos