Menu
paulsoulsby
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New SIM incompatible with Nokia 100

My parents have a Pay-As-You-Go Nokia 100.  You sent them a new SIM on 27/7/20, which they had a month to activate. They did not ask for this and no explanation was given for why they required new one.

They followed the instructions in the letter to install the SIM and it says "SIM not valid".  They have spent most of the months attempting to diagnose this themselves and have found it nearly impossible, due to lack of information and the complete impossibility of speaking to an actual human on your 789 service. 

It is only within in the last few days that I have been able to help them and discovered that the Nokia 100 is incompatible with new SIM cards. 

I am disgusted at the complete lack of service you provide for the elderly. The letter made no mention of older mobile phones being incompatible and it has been impossible to find a resolution without a large amount of internet searching by myself.

I request that either you:

1)  ship them a new compatible phone free of charge within the next 2 days (the old SIM will stop working in 3 days).

2)  refund the PAYG credit immediately, so we can switch to an alternative provider.

I look forward to your PM response.

P.S.  Please do not reply with "you need to wait 24 hours for it to activate" etc.  They have already tried all of this.  I am 100% that the Nokia 100 is not compatible.

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM incompatible with Nokia 100

Hi paulsoulsby, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

I'm really sorry to hear this and for any distress this has caused your parents. 

To prevent any further delay I am going to send you a PM now, please reply when you can 🙂 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty

Hetty_R
0 Kudos