Menu
charmariefinn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New SIM doesnt work

been ordered to change the sim card or our services would no longer work - received the new sim to my unlocked I phone 11 pro max and guess what - no one can call it - I can make calls out and receive messages but it is not working and after being on hold to Virgin for over 2 hours now I think it would probably be easier to find another provider!! as this seems to be a common problem

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM doesnt work

Hi charmariefinn,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. This is happening in multiple area's? Have you ever ported a number over to us?

^Martin

0 Kudos
dkeating
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same here!

Told I must swap sim cards, despite never having issues.

Swapped over and got a message saying it's done!.....but now all I get is "invalid sim"

And of course can't possible talk to anyone or email about it!....can't use the phone to do anything, so after being a customer for 10+ years and having no issues, the one time you get me to do something it doesn't work. Looks like a new mobile service provider is needed unless you can sort this out.

If my phone is too old...tough. I'm not changing it.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dkeating, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and want to get things resolved for you. Can you confirm the make and model of the phone which you are using and if the sim works in any other device? Chris 

0 Kudos
dkeating
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's a B3210 and I haven't tried it in another phone as I don't have another unlocked phone to try it on.

My assumption would be that if Virgin send me a new sim you've ensured it works on the device I've been using since I opened my account with you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update, it sounds like it may need the activation pushing through for you.

I'll pop you over a private message now so we can check on things in the account.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos