Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New SIM does not work with Ciso signal booster

We live in an area with no mobile phone signal. I have a Cisco box attached to the internet that generates a local 3G "EE" signal. Up until recently, both of our mobiles with Virgin SIMs worked well with this. One of our SIMs was "upgraded" by Virgin recently and although it works perfectly well in our local town, it will not work in the house on the Cisco box. Virgin are now sending me a new SIM for the remaining phone - I expect this to put an end to connection to any service. Is there anything I can do to fix the connection issue of the "improved" SIM?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New SIM does not work with Ciso signal booster

Probably down to the old SIM cards being nothing but rebadged EE cards. The new ones, although using EE for signal report a different network. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If stuck. Don't change the second phone over. 

During this crisis there are plenty of people not in a position to change. The old ones will work for a while longer and I expect a final warning will be given with a date the old ones will be cut off.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for you help with this.
0 Kudos