Menu
rovm09
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New SIM code

Hi,

I am trying to complete the installation of the new SIM and have applied the unlock codes provided.

The phone is a Samsung SGH-X640, supplied originally by Virgin and branded as Virgin. I do not want to lose the phone, as it is a metal clamshell unit, so very robust.

After I applied the two unlock codes provided, the display is now asking for a SP password. How can I obtain this? When I interrogate the phone, I can see that the SP Lock is active and the others are inactive. I think that I only need an SPCKCODE to complete the unlock stage.  

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM code

Hi rovm09,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

How many times have you entered the codes please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
rovm09
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

I entered the two codes once and they allowed me to move through the phone startup screens to one that asks for a SP password. I have used the interrogation code * # 7 4 6 5 6 2 5 # to see the status of the various identifiers and it shows that the SP lock is active. This suggests that I should be able to enter the SPCKCODE to open the phone. As the phone was supplied and branded by Virgin, I assume that they should be able to provide the code.

Regards

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me rovm09,

I'll PM you now to get further details

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos