Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New SIM card problem

My elderly father has a Nokia 2310 (for emergency phone use only) and has been sent a new SIM from Virgin media. However, when inserting the SIM, the screen says "SIM not valid"!

The Virgin media website says that the Nokia 2310 is not supported (the 3310 is).

We have 30 days (now 15) to replace the old SIM which Virgin is going to deactivate.

So what do we do, please? Help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New SIM card problem

Hi, this happened to me, I have a Pay As You Go Nokia 2310. I phoned Virgin mobile yesterday. Took ages to get through but they are going to send me a new phone. Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your response!

I got fed up with Virgin Media - their website gave a 0345 tel number for help, but after numerous options it took me back to the same website/page!

I also thought about buying an alternative cheap mobile and to keep the same telephone number. I tried to get Virgin Media to send me a PAC code - but they demand you enter "PAC and date of birth!" (usually you just enter "PAC" and send the message) When I did this and sent the message, the response was "Sorry, our bad. We're having a few technical problems and can't do that for you right now. Please try again later when we should be backup and running". Pathetic.

I've now bought an IMO Dash from Tesco, a great mobile, for £4.99 and paid £10 for a no-contract pay-as-you-go voucher. So cheap and the phone is really good!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'll see what they send me. They did say it will be a touch screen one not a "button press" one so fingers crossed I get used to it quickly!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry your experience has led you to leaving us Phila1

Is there anything I can help you with today?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos