Menu
Davvoh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New SIM card not working

I have an old phone - LG (not a smartphone) . I got the new SIM card and followed the instructions and just get the message "Insert right SIM card". Have tried the website link that I was sent and it was of no help - the FAQ seems to imply that I have simply done something wrong. My old SIM still works but don't know how long it will continue. I don't have another phone and really don't want to buy a new one. Can anybody help or do I have to go and buy a new phone (and leave Virgin)?

0 Kudos
keithpen
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM card not working

How old is you phone - mine is at least ten years old and wont work either. Mine is just a basic phone - not even bluetooth.

0 Kudos
Davvoh
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am not sure but it's probably at least 10 years old

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davvoh,

Thanks for your post 🙂 and Welcome to forums.

Have you tried it in another phone such as a family or friends to make sure if its the sim or the handset?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Davvoh
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie. I tried it in a family members phone and it worked and of course the old SIM then stopped working immediately so I have had to buy a new phone. Really annoying that although the phone was old it worked perfectly well before I was forced to have a new SIM which I didn't ask for and am now £30 down. If I ever look to change the PAYG or go for a contract I will certainly think twice before choosing virgin. No help whatsoever on the Website I was directed to  and can't speak to anyone. Thanks Davvoh

0 Kudos