Menu
Firecracker
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New SIM card not received

First post, so hello everyone!

I've received a couple of texts saying I have been sent a SIM card and I need to insert it otherwise I'll lose the use of my phone however I've not received the SIM and presume one hasn't been sent.

I don't believe Virgin Mobile actually have my address as I bought the phone many years ago from a shop where leaving an address or registering wasn't necessary.

Please could somebody advise me how to proceed.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM card not received

Hello Firecracker

Thanks for your first post 

Sorry to hear you are still waiting for the Sim to be delivered 

So I can chase this up for you 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Firecracker
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth, 

Many thanks for your reply. I don't know if you sent me a private message but I haven't received one. 

Look forward to hearing from you

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Don't worry I will pop one over to you 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Firecracker
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

An update on my situation.

I finally managed to get a new SIM card by managing to speak to somebody on 789. When the card arrived and I inserted it, I got a Phone Restricted message.

So as per the instructions on the letter that came with the SIM, I went to www.virginmedia.com/unlock and inputted the IMEI number and my info and was told I'd receive an email within 72 hours. 240 hours later, I've received nothing.

Now normally I don't mind waiting but I keep receiving texts from Virgin Mobile saying things like "URGENT insert your new SIM, all calls will stop in 10 days" etc. etc.

So I'm expecting to be cut off any day now but don't really know what to do if Virgin won't get back to me.

Can somebody please advise me how to proceed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos