Menu
macrosx231
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New SIM card - no service

received my new SIM a couple of weeks ago but didn't use immediately as took ages to get PAC code sent from Three. Have now got the code, popped in the new sim but no service - i have signal bars but cannot call, text or use data.

have tried messaging virgin and tried finding anyway to speak to someone about it - but not got answers from messaging and just loop round as it looks like you cannot talk to anyone at the mo.

Anyone offer any help ? I wasn't asked for a PIN for the sim

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM card - no service

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums macrose231, and a very warm welcome to you! 

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the services on your new SIM card.

Can you please advise me when you got the SIM card and when this was installed into your phone? You have a 90 day period to activate the SIM card before this becomes deactive, has this period elapsed?

If not, do you have service issues in multiple locations or is this just at home? Have you attempted to use the SIM in a different handset?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
macrosx231
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM card - no service

Hi David - thanks for the reply.

Got this resolved eventually - the direct debit had been flagged as inactive for some reason - that's why it was accepting incoming calls but not allowing any outgoing

regards

Matt

0 Kudos