Menu
SIMcardnotworki
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New SIM card does not work in older Nokia phone

Dear Virgin Mobile

I have a very old Nokia 7110 phone from 1999. It has no smart phone features. Until now it has been working perfectly, but you recently sent a new SIM card to me. The new SIM card does not work in this phone, it displays the error "SIM card not valid". I have tried to enter the "unlock code" provided but this also does not work.

The phone is locked to Orange / EE and because your new SIM card is a different network it does not work. I have submitted the "IMEI number" on your website page but it is still locked and does not work.

I have also tried using the new SIM card in a Nokia 3210 but this also does not work. Both phones work correctly with the old SIM card, but I am informed that the old SIM card will soon be deactivated, leaving me without any way to use the mobile phone.

The only solution to this seems to be to buy a new mobile phone. However I do not think this is reasonable given that the phone was working perfectly until Virgin Mobile decided on their end to change things.

Please may you offer a solution that is reasonable. Thank you

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New SIM card does not work in older Nokia phone

Hi SIMcardnotworki,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the current handset.

Looks like you've been through everything needed, in which case we would be able to offer you a new handset free of charge.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm